Thursday, June 5, 2008

Moving on up!

After two or three days of relative calm on the poker front which involved a few $2 STT's, some of which I won ,some of which I lost,and I was starting to feel that this was not the way to build a bankroll,but then BOOOOOOOM,I entered the Pokerstars $4 entry 180 runner SNG and had my best online result yet! More of that later,but I also tried two new poker experiences yesterday with different success.The first involved playing more than one table at a once (well it was two tables to be exact) but it didn't go too well! How some of the bloggers I read and respect can multi-table like they do is beyond me,but it just goes to show how good they are at poker.Think I will stick to playing one table at a time and learn to walk before trying the 100 metres sprint lol.
The second new poker experience I had yesterday was playing live for the first time,and I am pleased to say it went quite well. I was surfing online and came across a live pub poker league which I was surprised to see is played about six nights a week in various pubs in Dunfermline,Falkirk,Stirling and Edinburgh. So I signed up online and went to Jokers bar in Dunfermline and entered the tourney.I was as nervous as hell but the guys there seemed okay and once things got under way I was fine.I ended up ninth out of twenty three runners and finished with 500 odd points which is a good start to the June leaderboard.I think I will go again tonight to the next leg (again in Dunfermline) and try and make another poker goal by making the monthly regional final.
Back to my online success last night and I think I may go up a level to the $4-$5 buy-in.I know one good cash doesn't make me a great player all of a sudden,but I feel I was holding my own rather well last night. Another thing which is pleasing is seeing my sharkscope graph heading northward,and long may it continue. Enough of my ramblings,thanks for stopping by,good luck and hope to see you at the tables.


No comments: