Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Poker is like a box of snakes and ladders!









Up and down,that's what my poker game is like right now,but as long as there are SOME up's,well,hey I cannot complain. Tonight I tried to satellite my way into the Pokerstars $100k Sunday tourney,but I fell just short.I might have one more try as I really wanna play this tourney as the money up for grabs is unreal compared to the games I play.


I fancied a change tonight and fired up Full Tilt Poker where I have a very small amount in my account,was in the lobby trying to decide if I should play a STT or a MTT when I spotted a little heads up 4 player tourney.As I played alot of small stakes heads up when I first started to play poker last year,I thought I would give it a go.I beat my first opponent without much problems,but the game for the winner takes all prize was a different story.I went into an early chip lead quite early on and was feeling confident,but then went totally card dead,a constant stream of hands of 5 2, 7 3, 8 2 ,4 2,etc etc but you have got to try and stay positive and at the same time be a little aggresive too.The final hand was one I nearly folded,opponent was down to 500 odd chips and he pushed all-in (something he hardly did all match).I knew he had a biggie,I had 55,and called,he showed AQ,but my fives held up and now I have a few more small tourney buy-ins which is always good.I have a couple of days off from work now so I hope to get quite a bit of poker playing done.Good luck all and I hope to see you at the tables.



No comments: